- Interactive educational, training and awareness programs that increase transparency and encourage participation in sustainable development efforts at an incremental level
- Crowd sourcing of information that can be processed by management, conservation and research groups (e.g. collection of data on local flora and fauna with GPS tags to monitor and protect natural resources; real-time reporting of traffic, weather and seismic phenomena; photographic records of behavioral phenomena and/or complex visual data)
- Real-time reporting of toxic offenders and/or events that may threaten local environmental resources and/or human safety (e.g. illegal use of pesticides, discovery of illegal dumping sites, chemical spills, natural disasters, habitat destruction)
- Active and passive real-time monitoring of behavioral data and resource use (e.g. trip distance and energy consumption monitoring, carbon footprint calculations)
- Game-based platforms that encourage good deeds, data collection and monitoring with the use of social media-based recognition and/or rewards (e.g. coupon awards for identification of eco-friendly businesses, on-line public recognition for virtuous behavior)
- Networking, payment and monitoring software that facilitates the wider use of ride-share and vehicle-share programs, contributing to the reduction of overall vehicle trips; minimizing traffic congestion and reducing air pollution.
The ForeFront Mission
ForeFront CSL is dedicated to helping communities and individuals work, play, and live in a more sustainable way, by sharing new technologies and initiatives, and developing innovative ways to reduce, reuse and recycle the materials we use on a daily basis; championing renewable energy resources, waste management and local production as methods for living in a more sustainable manner.